Viral Acharya says increased government borrowing will make corporate loans costlier
- RBI’s deputy governor
Viral Acharyahas said that increased government borrowingwill have an impact on corporate borrowing.
- According to reports, Acharya has said that the country’s borrowing relative to its output has gone up from 67% to 85%.
- Acharya had announced his resignation from the central bank in June.
Acharya also said that the country’s borrowing relative to its output has gone up from 67% in 2000 to 85% currently.
Acharya announced his resignation from the central bank in June citing ‘unavoidable personal reasons’, six months before his three-year term ends. He will go back to teaching at New York University.
Viral Acharya is the third high-profile person to have unexpectedly quit the RBI, since the NDA government came to power. Former
Patel’s predecessor Raghuram Rajan’s term too was not extended, and he chose to go back to teaching at Chicago Booth School of Business.
- Arunachal CM launches entrepreneurship plan to boost economy
- Meghalaya has set up task force to revive economy: Sangma
- Google may replace Duo video calling app with Meet
- Inside pics of the new Mahindra Thar 2020 — The next-gen SUV
- Mahindra Thar 2020 is set to make a market debut today— here’s what to watch out for