RBI Governor defends Modi Government, says expectations were ‘probably unrealistic'
Rajan's remarks come as the new government completes one year in office this May. It won the elections primarily due to the vote of the upwardly mobile class who demand jobs, lower prices, more development and lesser corruption.
The RBI Governor said the government would take better tax decisions. Corporate tax is estimated to come down 1% every year. Such steps will inspire confidence among investors. He observed that inflation has come down significantly in India, and the rupee has stayed ‘relatively flat’. The Current Account Deficit is also estimated to drop to 1.5% this year. That’s a healthy sign as the government can now shift focus to growth.
Rajan said the Goods and Services Tax (
He said that the speed of these developments could have been faster.
(Image credit: Indiatimes)
Popular on BI
- We asked ChatGPT who the greatest athlete of all time is and it did not go well for LeBron James
- OpenAI CEO Sam Altman is privately reassuring developers using the company's tech that it won't compete with them beyond ChatGPT
- The crowd at the unveiling of Apple's Vision Pro headset let out a collective groan when they found out how wildly expensive it was
- Heatwave grips India - Bihar, West Bengal, Jharkhand to record highest temperature
- Apple Arcade looks Stronger Than Ever - New & Exciting Games Announced
- What is the best date to set for your SIPs – Beginning, end, or middle of the month?
- Asus ROG Flow Z13 review – a premium gaming tablet
- Must do activities on your visit to Mahabaleshwar