RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan’s career advice to graduating students is the best thing you will read today
At 53, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan is one o the most respected people in India. He is one of the few whose opinions and advice is actually held in high regard- and the credit for that goes to his absolutely to the point nature.
Rajan showed an example of that when he recently spoke to students who are graduating from the National Institute of Bank Management in Pune where he delivered a frank message that every student will find useful.
The former Economic Professors asked students who are of the belief that becoming an executive, mega-movie star or a Nobel Prize winner would give them the happiness they are looking for- they should really think twice, in that case.
“You are rarely happy simply because you are successful, but you are much more likely to be successful if you are happy, doing work you enjoy,” said Rajan.
“So when you choose what to do, don’t focus on the end point. Instead, focus on whether you like the work itself. Not only will you be more likely to reach your goal, even if you don’t arrive at that end point, you will have had a joyful life.” he added, according to a transcript published on the RBI website.
Image credit: Indiatimes
- Uttar Pradesh prohibits entry of more than five people in religious places
- Night curfew imposed in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur district from 9 pm to 6 am till April 18
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study