RCom and SSTL merger gets CCI stamp
The proposed merger of
As per ET reports, Reliance Communications and SSTL were in talks for a possible takeover in an all-stock deal which is expected to be worth around Rs 4,500-5,000 crore. The deal would give SSTL’s shareholders a stake of around 10% in the merged entity.
As per the deal, Reliance would have access to airwaves in the 850 Mhz band which will be most probably be used for its forthcoming 4G services. The validity of its licenses in eight high-revenue generating circles like Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu will also be extended by 12 years. SSTL, on the other hand, will get to be a part of a stronger company and will finally be able to expand its CDMA-based business.
SSTL is the Indian telecom unit of Russia's
Popular on BI
- Girish Mathrubootham, the son of a retired bank officer who built a $13 billion company in just 10 years
- A couple who traveled to 48 states in an RV share 17 things they would never go on a trip without
- The Taliban is bringing back executions and cutting off hands as punishment after retaking control of Afghanistan
- Ethereum’s scaling issues strike again as TIME Magazine’s NFTs sell for 30 times their price
- Best baby swing cradle and chair in India
- China's FUD drags down Bitcoin, Ether and other cryptocurrencies yet again
- The India Chapter of the International Advertising Association elects Megha Tata as its President for a second term
- The beer ‘cartel’ of Kingfisher, Budweiser and Carlsberg have to cough up ₹870 crore in fines