Realme 5 is going to be the first phone with four cameras priced under ₹10,000
Realme 5series will sport a quad camera setup on the back.
- Realme India’s CEO, Madhav Sheth, claims this will be the world’s first quad camera phone to be priced under ₹10,000.
- He also confirmed that the phone will launch in India on 20 August — only a day before Xiaomi plans on launching the Mi A3.
The latest leak comes courtesy of Flipkart’s microsites for the Realme 5 and the Realme 5 Pro. The microsites reveal information like the primary camera sensor as well as details about the quad camera setup on the back.
Realme 5, Realme 5 Pro price
Realme India CEO Madhav Sheth had confirmed that the
He added that the Realme 5 and the Realme 5 Pro launch in India is confirmed for 20 August, only a day before Xiaomi plans to launch the Xiaomi Mi A3 in India.
Realme 5 Pro specifications
Information in the market so far shows that the Realme 5 Pro will sport a 48-megapixel primary camera on the back with Sony IMX 586 sensor. It’s the same sensor that is used in other popular smartphones like the Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro and the OnePlus 7, among others.
Apart from this, the Realme 5 Pro will also have a 119-degree ultra wide angle lens, a 4 centimeter super macro lens and a portrait lens — a total of four cameras.
Flipkart has also revealed that the Realme 5 Pro will support VOOC Flash Charge 3.0 technology that can charge 55% of the battery in 30 minutes. The device is also said to be powered by a “lightning fast” Qualcomm chipset, which experts speculate will likely be the Snapdragon 712.
Realme 5 specifications
Flipkart has also revealed some important information about the Realme 5. It says that the Realme 5 will be the first quad camera smartphone in its price segment.
While Flipkart stops short of revealing key sensor details, it does mention that the Realme 5 will have a primary sensor with 1.25um pixel size, along with a 119-degree ultra wide angle lens, a super macro lens and a portrait lens.
Apart from this, the Realme 5 will be powered by a 5,000mAh battery and possibly the Snapdragon 665 chipset. This will make it the first Snapdragon 665-powered smartphone to be launched in India, since the Mi A3 is scheduled to launch on 21 August, a day after the Realme 5 series launch in India.
While Sheth has not revealed the chipset number explicitly, a recent Geekbench listing of the Realme 5 has confirmed it. The detailed listing has also revealed that the Realme 5 will have 4GB of RAM and that it is running on Android 9.0 Pie, likely with ColorOS 6.0 on top. It is not clear if and when Realme will update it with its upcoming RealmeOS, but we should know more in this regard soon.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall likely in parts of Maharashtra: IMD
- Goa to get second COVID-19 facility in Ponda, tweets CM Sawant
- Here’s a model stock portfolio for the ‘moderate’ risk-taker
- IndusInd bank acquires more than 7% stake in both Eveready and Mc Leod Russel
- Delhi's own school education board to be operational by next year — but won’t be simply imposed on government schools