Reed Hastings gets a salary cut, but he can more than make it up in stock
Hastings' stock options allowance for 2016 will sit at over $19 million, up from $13.7 million in 2015.
Over the last three years, Hastings' salary has trended downward. In 2014, he had a base salary of $3 million, which was lowered to $1 million in 2015. But with his stock options, this has little bearing on how much the CEO actually takes home.
His net worth is $1.58 billion, according to Forbes.
Hastings cofounded Netflix back in 1997 as a rental-by-mail company, and has led the company on its journey to become a video streaming powerhouse.
Netflix's content chief, Ted Sarandos, who has been central to the company's increasing investment in original content, will make $1 million in salary in 2016, according to Variety. He will also have a potential bonus of $4 million and $11.8 million in stock options. In 2015, Sarandos had the same salary ($1 million), but less in stock options ($9.6 million) and bonus ($2 million).
Netflix stock has ballooned this year, rising well over 100%.
- Digvijaya and Kamal Nath are now history, says Ashwini Vaishnaw as BJP attains victory in MP
- Ranbir Kapoor, Bobby Deol's 'Animal' enters ₹100 crore club in 2 days
- Another Reddy rises in Telangana as KCR’s party routed in the state
- Voters of Telangana wanted a change, says Karnataka Dy CM Shivakumar
- Ladli Behna scheme a game-changer, credit to Shivraj Chouhan: Jyotiraditya Scindia as BJP sweeps MP