Mukesh Ambani to launch Reliance Jio in Dec 2015, to also launch smartphones worth Rs 4000
Jio, the telecom unit of Reliance Industries, would will achieve 100 per cent network coverage over the next three years, Ambani said, adding that it would also connect a million homes through fibre, with a capability to scale up such connectivity to India's top 50 cities.
The entire bouquet of Reliance Jio services will be priced between Rs 300 and Rs 500, Ambani said.
Jio, whose business entails an investment of Rs 70,000 crore, is building a futuristic broadband infrastructure to handle the huge demand for data and voice using 'long term evolution' or LTE - a technology standard for offering high-speed 4G services. It has already invested a whopping Rs 34,000 crore on spectrum assets alone.
According to Ambani, "FY17 will be the first full year of commercial operations for Jio," which will expand its countrywide operations "in phases".
The Reliance Industries CMD said the country would see a host of 4G-LTE handsets at sub-Rs 4000 price-points by the year-end to complement Jio's December commercial launch. And to boost 4G device adoption levels, the company would launch a host of
Jio, which augmented its spectrum holdings in India's costliest airwaves sale in March, is the largest holder of liberalised spectrum . This would enable it to provide seamless 4G services on the LTE technology platform across a mix of 800 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2300 MHz bands through an integrated ecosystem.
This apart, the Reliance CMD, said Jio would also enter the broadcast distribution business and has also applied for a payment banks licence in its bid to enter the emerging mobile money space.
Popular on BI
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- RBI hikes repo rate by 50 bps, taking it to a three-year high of 5.9% – Das says inflation at ‘alarmingly high levels’ across jurisdictions
- Best camera phone under ₹15000
- Best 5G mobile phones under ₹20000
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World