Reliance Jio to offer unlimited free Wi-Fi at T20 World Cup matches
AdvertisementReliance Jio has said it will offer unlimited free WiFi, the Jionet, at Feroz Shah Kotla ground in Delhi, and all other venues for T20 World Cup matches.
The telco’s Jionet network has over 650 access points, and is supported by 100 Gbps backhaul to ensure around 15 Mbps speed for over 40,000 spectators during the matches.
Reliance Jio has also deployed it WiFi network at five other T20 World Cup venues, including Kolkata's Eden Gardens, Mumbai's Wankhede and stadiums in Mohali, Dharmashala, and Bengaluru.
Reliance Jio's Jionet WiFi service is currently available at airports, and tourist spots across major cities in the country.
The company is offering Jio mobile service for free to its over 1.5 lakh employees as of now and expects to roll out 4G service commercially around April next year.
Image credit: Indiatimes
Popular on BI
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Xiaomi’s new foldable wants to take on the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 with a cheaper price tag
- Here’s why Nasa scientists are sending microorganisms around the moon
- A new study documents first human-to-dog transmission of Monekypox virus in France
- Vedanta partners with IIT-B to develop green steel technology