Remember the new kiosks at Delhi’s Metro Stations? Here’s how they work
Last-mile delivery has been a pain for most e-commerce companies. It’s the most expensive, least efficient and most taxing part of the entire delivery process. There are problems like wrong addresses, poor internet connectivity, unclear maps and location data and lack of proper roads. All these add up to the time and cost per delivery.
A new Delhi-based startup called
Every Smartbox terminal has 52 lockers in small, medium and large sizes. The terminal is completely automated and compact, occupying only 1.5 square meters. It also offers Card Swipe on Delivery (CSOD) for faster COD settlements. This enables you to pay through credit/debit card at the time of collecting the parcel from the terminal.
How it Works:
Once the delivery boy puts your parcel to your nearest Smartbox terminal, you’ll get regular notifications. The first SMS is sent at the time the parcel is delivered, second after 24 hrs, third after 48 hrs and last one 6 hrs before the parcel expires. If the parcel is not collected after 72 hrs, its marked as expired and is returned to the eCommerce company.
With over 20 terminals deployed across Delhi, the company is currently working with Snapdeal, Shopclues, Oriflame and Voonik. It’s in advanced talks with several other
Expansion plans include taking the number of Smartbox terminal to 1000 by covering top 8 cities by the end of FY 2016. The company currently fulfills 5000 orders per day, which they project to scale to 30,000 orders per day once they cover all 8 metro cities.
Popular on BI
- India’s techies are leaving IT firms in hordes — Here’s why
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- A renowned female crime novelist who won a million-euro prize in Spain turned out to be three middle-aged men
- India’s central bank imposes ₹1 crore penalty on the country’s biggest lender
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Amazon's campaign encourages customers to thank its associates and share their happiness with frontline teams
- Brazilians bought more than $4 billion in cryptocurrencies this year as the country looks to regulate Bitcoin
- If you are a pensioner, you can submit Jeevan Pramaan sitting at home — Here is what you need to do
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons