Rep. Devin Nunes left everyone baffled by claiming Democrats wanted 'nude pictures' of Trump during a House Intelligence hearing
- Rep. Devin Nunes, the Ranking Member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence claimed at a Thursday hearing that Democrats wanted "nude pictures" of President Donald Trump.
- At the hearing, Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire appeared to discuss a whistleblower complaint from an intelligence community official regarding Trump's conduct toward Ukraine.
- Nunes has been one of Trump's most staunch defenders on Capitol Hill amid both special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in 2016 and the latest allegations.
- Nunes said that during the 2016 election, "Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people who they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Rep. Devin Nunes, the Ranking Member of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence, left everyone confused and baffled when he claimed at a Thursday hearing that Democrats wanted "nude pictures" of President Donald Trump.At the hearing, Acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph Maguire appeared to discuss a whistleblower complaint from an intelligence community official.Advertisement
The complaint, released to the public on Thursday morning, alleges that in a July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, Trump undermined US national security by withholding $400 million in military aid to Ukraine to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate the son of former Vice President Joe Biden.
Both Trump himself, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and a White House memorandum of the call released on Tuesday confirm many of the details in the complaint.The memo shows that Trump said on the call, "we do a lot for Ukraine. We spend a lot of effort and a lot of time. Much more than the European countries are doing" before encouraging him to investigate Biden.
He added: "Of course, Democrats on this very committee negotiated with people who they thought were Ukrainians in order to obtain nude pictures of Trump," not clarifying what nude pictures or which committee members he was talking about.
The Internet reacted with plenty of bewilderment and confusion to Nunes' claim:Advertisement
No, I sure wasn't expecting "nude pictures of Trump" to be spoken at this congressional hearing- Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) September 26, 2019
I don't know who is referring to...or the context he is discussing...but I think I can safely say that *no-one* wanted nude pictures of Trump https://t.co/GgM0wMa8e8- Don Moynihan (@donmoyn) September 26, 2019
i'm constantly talking to democratic voters who are clamoring for medicare for all, a green new deal, and nude pics of trump https://t.co/9bYlaGi25L- Max Tani (@maxwelltani) September 26, 2019
To obtain nude pictures of President Trump ... to burn them and bury the ashes 400 miles beneath the surface of the earth. https://t.co/heg6vtY6fK- Bob Ivry (@bobivry) September 26, 2019
- SBM Bank India, Mastercard to facilitate cross border transactions, remittances
- Swiggy integrates 'premium' home delivery service Scootsy
- Private hospitals in Bihar not admitting patients with COVID-19 symptoms: NTPC
- COVID-19: Surat diamond polishing units shut till July 13
- Popular PS4 game Horizon Zero Dawn to be available on PCs from August 7