Report: Apple's Home Automation System Will Be Simpler Than Excepted
GigaOm has a report on Apple's forthcoming connected home system. According to the site, it might be a hell of a lot simpler-and disappointing-than we expected.
My sources, who spoke only on background because of their involvement or knowledge of the program, explain that the smart home effort will have a heavy focus on connecting devices easily via Wi-Fi and will likely offer voice control via Bluetooth as well. However, it won't have some sort of software-based automation layer controlled by Apple that supersedes the original apps.
Meaning, it won't be the vast home connectivity system we'd hoped for. Rather, it will be a bunch of devices connected over Wi-Fi, sold to us under the guise of home automation. Womp womp.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- One of the largest cryptocurrency swapping platforms just lost $1.3 million as users failed to update approvals
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter