Republican Rep. Steve Scalise returned to hospital ICU, downgraded to serious condition
Scalise had been listed in fair condition on June 23 while recovering his injuries, and he was transferred out of the hospital's intensive-care unit.
The lawmaker was shot in the hip on June 14 when a gunman opened fire on Republican lawmakers practicing for a charity baseball game. He entered the hospital in critical condition and has undergone a number of surgeries.
Scalise was among three people shot by 66-year-old James Hodgkinson. The bullet that struck Scalise "traveled across his pelvis, fracturing bones, injuring internal organs, and causing severe bleeding," his doctors said.
Read the hospital's full statement below:
"Congressman Steve Scalise has been readmitted to the Intensive Care Unit at MedStar Washington Hospital Center due to new concerns for infection. His condition is listed as serious. We will provide another update tomorrow, July 6."
- Meet LignoSat, the world’s first wooden satellite that is set to orbit the Earth by 2024!
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane electric scooter with 113 km range to hit the roads starting ₹1.15 lk
- Cyclone 'Michaung' alert in the Tirupati, Nellore, Prakasam, Bapatla, Krishna, West Godavari, Konaseema, and Kakinada of AP Districts
- Gold surges Rs 450 to hit record high of Rs 64,300 per 10 gm
- 7 best places to visit in Amritsar on your next trip