Domino's made 3 changes to become the world's top pizza chain
The company is opening hundreds of new locations and profits are soaring. Morgan Stanley recently named it the "leader in US delivery pizza."
A few years ago, Domino's was struggling to compete with Pizza Hut and Papa John's.
But executives made some crucial changes that turned around business, according to Jesse Solomon at CNNMoney
"The pizza is actually better now, and the marketing campaigns are cheesy good instead of just cheesy," Solomon writes.
In an earnings call with investors, Domino's CEO Patrick Doyle laid out a few reasons for the company's recent smash success.
Domino's has opened 1,800 new stores in 10 countries in the past four years, Doyle told investors. Domino's is thriving in emerging markets like Brazil and China because it is a relatively inexpensive luxury. The company said it is currently seeing growth in India, Turkey, and Japan.
Sales at Domino's have soared since the company came out with a new pizza recipe in 2009. Having a better core product was necessary for business to turn around.
Domino's has also innovated its sandwiches, pastas, and side dishes.
The "specialty chicken," strips topped with cheese and sauces increasingly ordered alongside pizzas, driving up the average ticket sale at Domino's, Doyle said.
Improving the menu has helped Domino's succeed over rivals like Pizza Hut and Papa John's.
Marketing guru Russell Weiner joined Domino's from Pepsi six years ago in the midst of a massive sales decline. Since then, he has implemented a self-deprecating marketing strategy that resonated with the consumer.
Domino's admitted that its pizza wasn't the greatest, and touted a new-and-improved product, helping to drive sales, QSR Magazine reports.
"We've always been viewed as providing good value to the consumer. We were not given credit for great-quality food," Weiner told the magazine in 2010.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons