Pet care company Heads Up For Tails bags $37 million to expand its network
- The Series A round was led by Verlinvest and Sequoia Capital India.
- The company will use this funding to expand its distribution footprint and develop new products.
Heads Up For Tailsis also looking to hire 100 more employees by the end of this year.
Heads Up For Tails, which is a retailer for pet products, plans to use this funding to increase its distribution footprint across India and accelerate new product development as well as manufacturing.
It currently has distribution across Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Lucknow and Ludhiana. It also has manufacturing facilities and research and development (R&D) facilities in Delhi and Bengaluru.
A part of the funding would also be used to increase awareness among existing and new pet parents on the need for pet wellness and care through educational content and marketing activities.
The company was founded by Rashi Sanon in 2008. The company currently has a team strength of 350 employees across marketing, product, brand, tech and manufacturing. It aims to increase their employee count to 450 by the end of 2021.
Heads Up For Tails is also introducing a line of fresh pet food across the country and plans to expand its portfolio of 10 international brands such as Pet head, Isle of Dog and Wild Earth they represent in India.
Sakshi Chopra, managing director (MD) of Sequoia India, highlighted that the Indian pet care market is valued at about $600 million and has been growing at over 20% compound annual growth rate (CAGR).
Dailyhunt, Josh parent VerSe Innovation raises over $450 million, doubles valuationSwiggy reports nearly three-fold increase in annual revenue, in neck and neck race with ZomatoLenskart aims to hire over 2000 employees to ramp up its operations
Popular on BI
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x