15 Kohl's shopping hacks to help you save the most money, according to the experts
Shoshy Ciment/Business Insider
- Kohl's is known for its perks that help customers save money.
- The department store offers many ways to save, from "Kohl's Cash" to a store credit card.
- We consulted a Kohl's shopping expert and deal finder who shops there at least twice a week, along with several blogs and online reviews, to figure out the best way to save when shopping at Kohl's. Here's what we found.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Kohl's has a loyal following, especially in the Midwest.The department store chain operates 1,100 stores across the country and is notable for its wide selection of merchandise, carrying everything from clothing to kitchen appliances.Advertisement
Kohl's offers its customers multiple ways to save money, from coupons and "Kohl's Cash" to free shipping and price matching. Some deals are better-known than others, but we consulted a shopping expert in addition to online blogs and articles to find the best ways to save money when shopping at Kohl's, including savings hacks that most people don't know about.
Michelle Streeter is a Wisconsin-based deal finder who runs a blog called Midwest Coupon Clippers that she created in 2011. The blog has an associated Facebook page that covers Kohl's deals exclusively and it has over 54,000 likes.A self-described avid Kohl's shopper who shops in the store and online at least twice a week, Streeter told us the best ways to save money when shopping at Kohl's. We also consulted several other shopping blogs and online reviews to find 15 shopping hacks for saving the most money at Kohl's.
Here's what we found:
1. You can combine — or stack — coupons and promo codes
2. You can get $10 Kohl's Cash without spending $50Advertisement
3. Expired Kohl's Cash can be still be used in some cases
4. Sometimes it pays to shop late at night or early in the morningAdvertisement
5. You can retroactively get sales discounts if you miss it the first time
6. Kohl's will match competitors' prices if they are lowerAdvertisement
7. Shopping online can sometimes save you even more money
8. When it comes to Black Friday, online shopping is your best betAdvertisement
9. If you're a veteran, utilize military Mondays
10. And for customers over 60, Wednesday is the best day to shop.Advertisement
11. Shipping can always be free, if you do it right
12. Use the Kohl's app to save more money in the storeAdvertisement
13. Get the Kohl's credit card for even more savings
14. For non-Kohl's-credit-card holders, watch out for mystery savingsAdvertisement
15. Join the Kohl's reward program
- coronavirus vaccine tests on monkeys risk disease, warns PETA India
- Jio creates Made-in-India 5G solution; teams up with Google to develop affordable smartphones
- TMC leader shot at in West Bengal, condition critical
- Punjab Police to draw experts to sharpen investigations
- People ignore SOPs, masks while corona spreads in Kashmir