Amazon has added 3,700 new sellers a day this year, as independent merchants become an increasingly important part of the retail giant's growth
- Research firm Finbold has found that
Amazonis drawing in new sellers at a rapid rate.
- In 2021, the online giant attracted 3,700 new merchants a day.
- As of Sunday, that totalled out to 295,000 new sellers in 2021.
Research firm Finbold found that the online
Amazon's success with third-party brands gives the company a major edge over the competition. And the retail industry is paying attention.Amazon did not immediately return requests for comment.
Recently, Walmart announced its intent to open its online marketplace to sellers not based in the US, according to Bloomberg.Are you an Amazon seller? Insider wants to hear from you. Email confidential tips to email@example.com.
- Top 10 longest sixes in IPL matches from 2008 to till date
- OPINION: Regulation of games of skill under a central legislative regime is the need of the hour
- OPINION: Why weekend lockdowns and night curfews aren't the only solution to India's surging cases of COVID-19
- Haryana government declares summer vacation in schools due to spike in COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' is effective against double mutant strain found in India, says ICMR