Beyond Meat suspends its chief operating officer effective immediately after he was arrested and charged with 3rd-degree battery for allegedly biting a man's nose
- Beyond Meat has suspended its COO after he was arrested and charged with 3rd-degree battery and terroristic threatening.
- Authorities said Doug Ramsey ripped "the flesh" off a man's nose after the two got into a small car accident.
Beyond Meat announced it has suspended its chief operating officer after police said he bit and ripped "the flesh" off a man's nose in a road rage incident that turned violent.
Doug Ramsey, Beyond Meat's COO, and another man were found with "bloody faces" by police after witnesses say the two got into a minor car accident in a parking garage after a University of Arkansas football game on Saturday night, according to the local Fayetteville news affiliate KNWA.
After the accident, Ramsey got out of his car and reportedly "punched through the back windshield of his victim's car," KNWA reported, citing a Washington County police report.
The other man involved told police that Ramsey "pulled him close and started punching his body," KNWA said.
According to the report, Ramsey bit the other driver's nose, "ripping the flesh on the tip of the nose."
Witnesses told police they heard Ramsey "threaten to kill" the other driver, according to KNWA. Passengers in both men's cars got out and helped break up the fight.
Insider confirmed that Washington County Police arrested Ramsey on one count of terroristic threatening and one count of third-degree battery. He has a court appearance scheduled for October 19.
In a statement, the plant-based meat company said that operations activities would be overseen on an interim basis by the company's senior vice president of manufacturing operations.
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World