Check out the reusable stainless steel cups Starbucks is renting to customers in Japan
- Starbucks' pilot program in Tokyo will rent free,
reusable cupsto customers.
- The program aims to cut down on
plasticwaste by reducing the use of disposable cups.
View all Offers
- 33% OFF
Duroflex LiveIn - Pressure Relieving, Memory Foam, Roll Pack, 8 Inch Queen Size Medium Firm Mattress with Superior Comfort and Anti Microbial Fabric (78 X 60 X 8 Inches)₹ 12199₹ 19999Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Alen 5 Seater Fabric LHS L Shape Sofa Set (Blue)₹ 27999₹ 39000Buy On
AmazonBasics Full Back Executive Chair (Black, Leather)₹ 9999₹ 10000Buy On
SleepX Dual Comfort Mattress 5 inch Queen Bed Size, High Density (HD) Foam- Medium Soft & Hard (Orange, 72x60x5)₹ 7329₹ 12499Buy On
- 42% OFF
AmazonBasics Steel Zero Gravity Reclining Lounge Portable Chair, Black₹ 3499₹ 6000Buy On
In 10 Tokyo
To participate in the program, customers need to download the Re&Go service through the Line app, tell the barista that they want to rent a cup, and scan a QR code on the rentable cup through the app. When customers are done with the cup, they leave the cup on a counter at any participating store, and scan a QR code to return it.
Starbucks then cleans the reusable cups and tumblers before handing them to another customer.
"The service will be free to customers through the initial trial period, and makes choosing reusables as convenient as customers expect from Starbucks," Starbucks said in a press release.
The program is free and may be rolled out across the country after being tested in Tokyo. Starbucks didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
Starbucks also piloted a "Borrow a Cup" program in five Seattle stores for two months in 2021, where customers had to pay a $1 refundable deposit through the Starbucks app to rent a free,
Starbucks has also implemented other programs to reduce waste, like eliminating single-use plastic straws and donating unsold food to nonprofits like Feeding America to feed people in need.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022