Chipotle is launching cauliflower rice as customers demand keto-friendly options, but it costs almost as much extra as guac
Chipotleis now offering cauliflower rice at all US and Canada locations.
- Cauliflower rice will cost $2 extra and appeals to customers following
Keto, Whole30, and other diets.
- Chipotle began testing the grain-free rice in Denver and Wisconsin during the summer.
The cilantro-lime cauliflower rice is available beginning January 4 for a limited time, though Chipotle did not specify how long that will be. Customers can order the option in place of white or brown rice for an extra $2 per order. To promote the product, Chipotle said that it will waive delivery fees on orders of $10 or more that include cauliflower rice.Chipotle first tested cauliflower rice in 55 locations across Denver and Wisconsin over the summer after the brand noted customers were frequently requesting the option. "Chipotle fans have been craving more plant-powered, better-for-you options that align with the latest health trends and emphasize the benefits of real food," Chris Brandt, Chipotle's chief marketing officer, said in a press release. "That's why we are thrilled to offer Cauliflower Rice nationally and help our fans achieve their diet or lifestyle goals."
The cauliflower rice has four carbs per serving and fits within Whole30, Keto,
Keto-friendly fast food options have been on the rise in recent years. In 2019, Blaze Pizza unveiled a keto pizza crust option made from flaxseeds, eggs, and cheese instead of wheat flour for a net of six grams of carbs.
- Old vehicle owners may have to pay up to ₹3,800 per year as ‘Green tax’
- Here’s how Smytten has been bridging the demand and supply gap for premium products using consumer trials
- The creative process: The journey from a brief to 'Final_final.jpg'
- Top stocks to watch on January 27
- IMF projects 11.5% growth rate for India in 2021, only major economy to record double digit growth