Coca-Cola is getting into the hard-seltzer game
- Sparkling water brand
Topo Chico, acquired by Coca-Colain 2017, say it is launching a Lemon-Lime hard seltzer.
- Hard seltzers are gaining popularity, with 26 brands on the market, up from 10 in 2018.
- The drink will be sold later this year in Latin America, with a US release to follow, the company said.
It's official: Coca-Cola is getting into hard seltzer.
Topo Chico — the company's sparkling-mineral-water brand — said it would soon have a spiked option in its catalogue. Coca-Cola acquired the brand in 2017.In a photo provided by the company on Thursday, it appeared that the hard seltzer would be offered in a "Tangy Lemon Lime" flavor on its release later this year.
Hard seltzers have been gaining traction in the past two years.According to a Nielsen report, just 10 hard-seltzer brands were on the US market in 2018, a number that rose to 26 brands by early 2019.
The drink will launch in select Latin American cities later this year, with a US release to come at a later date.
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining