Coca-Cola is getting into the hard-seltzer game
- Sparkling water brand
Topo Chico, acquired by Coca-Colain 2017, say it is launching a Lemon-Lime hard seltzer.
- Hard seltzers are gaining popularity, with 26 brands on the market, up from 10 in 2018.
- The drink will be sold later this year in Latin America, with a US release to follow, the company said.
It's official: Coca-Cola is getting into hard seltzer.
Topo Chico — the company's sparkling-mineral-water brand — said it would soon have a spiked option in its catalogue. Coca-Cola acquired the brand in 2017.In a photo provided by the company on Thursday, it appeared that the hard seltzer would be offered in a "Tangy Lemon Lime" flavor on its release later this year.Advertisement
Coca-Cola isn't the ony major beverage company to announce a hard-seltzer beverage, as Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch are both launching their own drinks this year.
Hard seltzers have been gaining traction in the past two years.According to a Nielsen report, just 10 hard-seltzer brands were on the US market in 2018, a number that rose to 26 brands by early 2019.
The drink will launch in select Latin American cities later this year, with a US release to come at a later date.
- Red bricks don’t just make walls, they can now power your house too
- India approves another $1.2 billion for defence over and above the $5.5 billion last month
- Best gaming consoles in India
- IT and media employees are in no hurry to get back to office — not until there are proper policies in place
- Here’s a look back at Rahat Indori’s famous poetry and shayari