Costco is keeping its vulnerable shopping hours after all, a reversal of a previous decision, as COVID-19 cases in the US mount
Costcois keeping its dedicated shoppinghours for vulnerable or elderly customers.
- This is a reversal of a decision announced earlier in July.
- These Costco shopping hours will be twice weekly between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
From July 26, these customers will be able to shop between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. local time, twice a week, without other groups of people in the store.
It announced that it was getting rid of the hours earlier in July.
Costco started opening its stores an hour early at the start of the pandemic to let seniors and other vulnerable customers shop without the crowds.
Target, Walmart, and Whole Foods had similar shopping slots for high-risk customers.
Costco also closed sit-in dining at its popular food courts during the pandemic. These have since reopened, and will remain open, it said on its site.
It has also bought back its wildly popular free samples, which are handed out in stores.
- Chip shortage hits new brands in tough Indian laptop market
- Petrol and diesel prices hiked again by 35 paise for fifth consecutive day across the country
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter