Dunkin' is closing 800 stores across America
- Dunkin' plans to close 800 locations across the US in 2020.
- All 450 locations within Speedway shops will close by the end of the year.
- Dunkin' expects massive closures of local coffee shops, something that the chain says creates new opportunities for
Dunkin' to open more locations in the future.
Dunkin' is closing hundreds of locations across the US.
On Thursday, Dunkin' announced that it plans to close roughly 800 locations in the US in 2020. That includes the 450 stores closures within the convenience store and gas station chain Speedway, which were previously announced.Dunkin' said in a statement that the 800 locations represent roughly 8% of all Dunkin' locations in the US. The stores account for approximately 2% of the company's 2019 US systemwide sales. Advertisement
Dunkin' reported on Thursday that same-store sales fell by 18.7% in the most recent quarter, excluding locations that were temporarily closed. According to the company, sales have been improving week-over-week throughout the quarter, reaching single-digit declines in the week ending July 25.
Stay-at-home orders and people working from home cut into coffee shop visits during the
- Maharashtra government partners with Google to provide remote learning to 23 million students
- Tamil Nadu reports 5,684 COVID-19 cases
- Maharashtra adds a records 11,514 COVID-19 cases and witnesses 316 deaths in a single day
- Two-wheeler sales in India could contract by 16-18% in FY2021, says ICRA
- Karnataka SSLC Result 2020 to be announced today