Experts say these were the most iconic sneakers of the last decade
- Sneaker culture has greatly evolved in the last 10 years.
- Celebrity collaborations, brands, colorways, and styles have faded in and out of fashion.
- Business Insider consulted with sneaker resale marketplace Stadium Goods to find the most popular sneakers of each year of the last decade.
- From the 2011 Nike Mags to the 2017 Off-White x Air Jordan 1, here are the most popular sneakers of the last decade.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The last decade was all about footwear.
Sneakers, in particular, have stood out as cultural indicators since as far back as the 1800s.In the last decade, athletic brands like Nike and Adidas have dominated the sneaker world with their innovative and modern designs. And each year, one pair has stood out from the rest.
Business Insider consulted with sneaker resale marketplace Stadium Goods to find the most popular sneakers of each year throughout the last decade. In formulating the list, Stadium Goods store manager Fresco Wilson and senior writer Zack Schlemmer looked at the hype behind each sneaker release as well as the cultural relevance and significance of each pair to this day.
From celebrity collaborations to long-awaited releases, the reasons for each shoe's popularity vary.
Here are the most popular sneakers from every year of the last decade: