Florida is set to make 'alcohol to-go' drinks permanent
Floridawill likely authorize restaurants to sell and deliver to-go alcoholic drinks permanently.
- Alcoholic drinks must be accompanied by the sale of food, and the beverage cannot exceed 32 ounces.
healthgroups warn these laws could increase addiction, drunk driving, and underage drinking.
You'll soon be able to get cocktails to-go in Florida for good.
Florida state's legislature sent a bill authorizing restaurants to sell and deliver to-go alcoholic drinks to Gov. Ron DeSantis' office on April 28. The Florida Sun-Sentinel first reported the motion.
DeSantis signed an executive order last March allowing restaurants to sell t0-go alcoholic drinks during the COVID-19
The law would allow restaurants with liquor licenses to sell sealed wine, beer, and wine- or liquor-based cocktails for consumption away from the premises or for take-away order.
To-go alcoholic drinks must be accompanied by the sale of food, and the beverage cannot exceed 32 ounces, the bill notes.
Florida isn't the only state in favor of permanent
Public health groups, including the American Public Health Association and the US Alcohol Policy Alliance, have pushed back on these measures, warning they could lead to increased underage drinking, addiction, drunken driving, injuries, violence, and chronic health problems, as Insider's Kimberly Leonard reported.
Representatives from Florida's state legislature were not immediately available for additional comment.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- Eknath Shinde wants a 'breather' and spend time with families
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Tata Motors, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank among stocks to watch out for on July 5
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022