From Cheez-It pizza to doughnut chicken sandwiches, these were the 16 most outrageous fast-food releases of 2019
- 2019 has been a chaotic year, but one thing remains constant: fast food is just as weird as ever.
- This year, fast-food chains released a bunch of weird and wacky items, both good and bad.
- From a stuffed Cheez-It pizza to a chicken sandwich with doughnut buns, these were the 16 most outrageous fast-food items released this year.
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
'Tis the season to be full, and also the season to reflect.
2019 has been one heck of a year. We said goodbye to "Game of Thrones," but also hello to the Popeyes chicken sandwich. Forever 21 may end its tenure at hundreds of malls, while Toys R Us rose from the dead in a slightly different form.
In the ever-growing chaos that is the world, there remains one constant: fast-food chains are always, always coming up with brave new concoctions that defy the laws of logic and nutrition.
Without further ado and in no particular order, here are the 16 most outrageous fast-food releases of the year.
Burger King — Taco
KFC — Fried Chicken and Donuts
Starbucks — Tie-Dye Frappuccino
Wendy's — Breakfast Baconator
KFC — Wings
Popeyes — Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Pie
KFC — Cheetos Sandwich
Pizza Hut — Stuffed Cheez-It Pizza
Burger King — Spicy Chicken Parmesan Sandwich
McDonald's — Donut Sticks
Olive Garden — Lasagna Mia
Hard Rock Cafe — 24-Karat Gold Leaf Steak Burger
McDonald's — Chicken McGriddle
Taco Bell — Toasted Cheddar Chalupa
IHOP — Pancake Burger
Popeyes — BYOB
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Zee-Sony merger: Here’s what Sony is really getting from Zee Entertainment
- Opinion: The creation of a bad bank helps banks but not necessarily the bankrupt
- Two years after the PMC Bank crisis, depositors of stressed banks to get up to ₹5 lakh by December
- Tech Mahindra, Tata Motors and other auto, realty stocks keep indices in positive range
- Gig workers move Supreme Court seeking social security benefits from Zomato, Swiggy, Ola and Uber