From robotic shop assistants to AR, these 10 pieces of tech could change shopping forever
David L. Ryan/The Boston Globe via Getty Images
- Technology is changing every aspect of our lives, including the way we shop.
- From facial recognition to warehouse automation, here are 10 of the biggest tech developments that could make shopping faster, easier, and more personalized.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Technology is revolutionizing how we shop, both in stores and online. And, retailers are seizing the chance to create even better shopping experiences to attract customers.
The time needed to fulfill an order has become shorter than ever, thanks to an increasing number of robots in stores and warehouses. Contactless payments and scan-and-go technology have made it possible to shop with nothing more than a mobile phone. Big data knows you better than you think, and it can recommend products curated to your personal likes and needs.
At the same time, augmented reality and buy-online-pick-up-in-store services have melded physical and online shopping, leading retail into a truly multichannel era.
Here's a closer look at 10 of the biggest tech advancements that could change shopping forever:
Robotic shop assistants
- Finance minister holds pre-budget stakeholder consultation with BJP functionaries
- Amazon Sale: Best deals on kitchen items and dining products
- Amazon Great Republic Sale: Best deals on kitchen appliances
- India records 2,71,202 fresh COVID-19 cases in the last 24 hours, active cases highest in 225 days
- Amazon Great Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on laptops
- Section 144 in Mumbai
- Elon Musk
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022