Home Depot co-founder and major GOP donor Ken Langone says he feels 'betrayed' by Trump after Capitol riots
GOPdonor Ken Langone told CNBC he feels betrayed by President Donald Trump.
Home Depotco-founder vowed to support President-Elect Joe Bidenafter his inauguration.
- Langone has previously been vocal in his support for conservative causes and Trump specifically.
Billionaire conservative donor Ken Langone says he feels betrayed by President Donald Trump and pledged to support President-Elect Joe Biden on CNBC Wednesday."Last Wednesday was a disgrace. It should never have happened in this country," the Home Depot co-founder said on "Squawk Box", referring to the violent pro-Trump rioters who stormed the US Capitol last week during the presidential election certification. "It breaks my heart," Langone said.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Langone even went as far as vowing to support Biden, promising to "make Joe Biden the most successful president in the history of the country."Read more: Liberal shoppers are hammering Home Depot's conservative roots, but the political reality of the home improvement big boxes is far more complicated
Langone has long been a major donor to the GOP and is worth nearly $5 billion according to Forbes. The Center for Responsive Politics listed Langone and his wife as top hard money individual contributors, with 99% of money going toward Republican causes, Insider's Áine Cain reported in 2020.In a 2019 interview with Insider, he slammed Senator Bernie Sanders as a "blowhard" for saying billionaires shouldn't exist. Liberals have called for boycotts of Home Depot over Langone and cofounder Bernie Marcus' support for Trump and conservative causes.
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork
- Twitter is rolling out an update to make Twitter Spaces easier to share and discover
- Tencent and Alibaba Group have lost more than $100 billion in July as China cracked down on internet giants
- Cadbury Dairy Milk's next phase of 'heart the hate' campaign urges bystanders to stand up against cyberbullying by sharing a Purple Heart
- Coinbase, CoinDCX, WazirX and other crypto firms aren’t just looking for engineers but designers, social media wizards, and managers too