Home Depot co-founder and major GOP donor Ken Langone says he feels 'betrayed' by Trump after Capitol riots
GOPdonor Ken Langone told CNBC he feels betrayed by President Donald Trump.
Home Depotco-founder vowed to support President-Elect Joe Bidenafter his inauguration.
- Langone has previously been vocal in his support for conservative causes and Trump specifically.
Billionaire conservative donor Ken Langone says he feels betrayed by President Donald Trump and pledged to support President-Elect Joe Biden on CNBC Wednesday.
"Last Wednesday was a disgrace. It should never have happened in this country," the Home Depot co-founder said on "Squawk Box", referring to the violent pro-Trump rioters who stormed the US Capitol last week during the presidential election certification. "It breaks my heart," Langone said.
The protest turned violent after Trump riled up supporters with baseless claims of election fraud, falsely claiming that Congress could throw out electoral votes.
Despite his well-known
Langone even went as far as vowing to support Biden, promising to "make Joe Biden the most successful president in the history of the country."
Langone has long been a major donor to the GOP and is worth nearly $5 billion according to Forbes. The Center for Responsive Politics listed Langone and his wife as top hard money individual contributors, with 99% of money going toward Republican causes, Insider's Áine Cain reported in 2020.
In a 2019 interview with Insider, he slammed Senator Bernie Sanders as a "blowhard" for saying billionaires shouldn't exist. Liberals have called for boycotts of Home Depot over Langone and cofounder Bernie Marcus' support for Trump and conservative causes.
- Best high speed monochrome printers in India
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons