How the retail industry will top $5.5 trillion by 2020
The future of retail is looking bright.
So bright that Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service, expects the industry to top $5.5 trillion by 2020!While in-store and desktop purchases are certainly helping the retail industry boom, the biggest factor for this incredible growth is in your pocket.Advertisement
Find out why the smartphone will be crucial for retailers in 2018 and beyond with the first part of a brand new slide deck from Business Insider Intelligence called The Future of Retail: Mobile Commerce.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- US retail is growing $200 billion year-over-year
- In-store retail is still dwarfing e-commerce
- But e-commerce is growing almost 4x faster than in-store
- Mobile commerce is driving most of that growth
- And much more
To get your copy of the first part of this FREE slide deck, simply click here.
- Rupee rises 6 paise to 75.14 against US dollar in early trade
- Snapchat rolls out in-app mental health support in India
- Pune’s 10-day lockdown starts today — check what’s allowed and what’s prohibited
- Karnataka Tourism Minister tests positive for COVID-19
- Mizoram reports four new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 231