How the retail industry will top $5.5 trillion by 2020
The future of retail is looking bright.
So bright that Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service, expects the industry to top $5.5 trillion by 2020!While in-store and desktop purchases are certainly helping the retail industry boom, the biggest factor for this incredible growth is in your pocket.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- US retail is growing $200 billion year-over-year
- In-store retail is still dwarfing e-commerce
- But e-commerce is growing almost 4x faster than in-store
- Mobile commerce is driving most of that growth
- And much more
To get your copy of the second part of this FREE slide deck, simply click here.
- Glee.S.T! January 2021 GST collection may have beat the December record
- Simply put, Airtel says all it now needs is spectrum to deliver 5G services at a speed of up to 900 Mbps
- India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi may just have signalled a big allocation for defence equipment manufacturing, 3 days before the budget
- Haryana government extends suspension of mobile internet services in Sonipat, Jhajjar and Palwal till Friday
- Sourav Ganguly undergoes fresh angioplasty, two more stents implanted