Ikea has run out of 10% of its products in its UK and Ireland stores, amid the truck driver shortage and shipping crisis
Ikeais struggling to stock popular products due to the driver shortageand shipping crisis.
- Around 10% of its product line is unavailable in its UK and Ireland stores, a spokesperson said.
- Popular products, such as mattresses, are difficult to find in store, they said.
Ikea is struggling to stock popular products and meet high customer demand amid the UK's
The shortage of products like mattresses is affecting the company on a global scale, an Ikea spokesperson told Insider.
Of around 9,000 product lines, 1,000 are unavailable in the Ikea's 21 stores in the UK and Ireland, they said.
"Like many retailers, we are experiencing ongoing challenges with our supply chains due to COVID-19 and labour shortages, with
"What we are seeing is a perfect storm of issues, including the disruption of global trade flows and a shortage of drivers, which have been exacerbated by the pandemic," the spokesperson said.
Customer demand has soared as people spend more time at home during the pandemic and purchase items for their house, the spokesperson said.
"As a result, we are experiencing low availability in some of our ranges with approximately 10% unavailable," they said.
Ikea apologized for inconvenience to customers, the spokesperson said, but added they hoped the situation would improve in the coming weeks and months.
- 1,330 recognised startups from gaming and related sectors as on Nov 30: Som Parkash
- Sula Vineyards to open IPO next week from Dec 12-14; GMP already at ₹70 per share
- India to add 9 million gig jobs by 2025 says Indeed report
- From Brahmastra to KGF: The most searched movies on Google in 2022 in India
- Adjusted for inflation, policy rate still remains accommodative, says RBI Governor
- Jio Haptik
- Gig jobs
- Sula Vineyards IPO
- Whatsapp tips
- International Roaming Plans
- RBI hikes repo rate
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Most searched movies
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World