Jeff Bezos has reportedly broken California's record for the most expensive home sale of all time with his purchase of a $165 million Beverly Hills mansion
- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has purchased a Beverly Hills mansion for $165 million, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- The estate was designed for Warner Bros. executive Jack Warner in the 1930s and features its own nine-hole golf course. It was previously owned by media mogul David Geffen.
- The purchase sets a new record for a property sale in California, eclipsing Lachlan Murdoch's $150 million purchase last year.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos has reportedly purchased a Beverly Hills mansion for $165 million, setting a record for the most expensive home sold in California.According to a report from The Wall Street Journal's Katy McLaughlin and Katherine Clarke, Bezos bought the home of media tycoon David Geffen, a sprawling estate that was originally built for former Warner Bros. executive Jack Warner.
A spokesperson for Amazon did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment on the purchase.The property, which has been described as a "party palace," was designed in the 1930s. It features a 13,000-square-foot mansion, two guest houses, a tennis court, a swimming pool, and a nine-hole golf course. It also includes a "motor court" that has its own garage and gas pumps, according to Architectural Digest.
Geffen bought the estate in 1990 for $47.5 million. Bezos' reported purchase eclipses the last record set in the LA-area - the $150 million purchase of the Chartwell estate by Lachlan Murdoch in 2019.Bezos and Geffen are known to be friendly: the Amazon CEO was spotted partying onboard Geffen's megayacht with Sanchez, Lloyd Blankfein, and Karlie Kloss off the coast of Spain last summer.
- Sensex registers worst trading day since May 2020 — ends nearly 2000 points lower
- HUL aims to achieve 100% plastic waste collection this year
- India now allows you to avail a discount on flight ticket if you are not carrying a check-in baggage
- Leader of Opposition, 4 other Cong MLAs suspended for rest of Budget session over alleged manhandling of Himachal Pradesh Governor. PTI DJI SMN ASH ASH
- Levi’s ad with global ambassador Deepika Padukone aims at inspiring a culture of sisterhood and celebrate individuality