Levi's made an exact replica of Albert Einstein's iconic leather jacket and sold it for $1,200
- Levi's sold a replica of Albert Einstein's historic Menlo Cossack Jacket.
- The item was sold in black and cost $1,200.
- Levi's made the Moosylvania's list of "Millennials' Top 100 Brands" list for 2019, which resulted from a survey of 1,000 millennial consumers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Albert Einstein won a Nobel Prize. He also used to wear a trendy leather jacket.Levi's Vintage Clothing sold an exact replica of the iconic leather jacket that the physicist used to wear while he worked. Starting on Wednesday, the historic Menlo Cossack Jacket was available in black and available on Levi.com and in select stores for $1,200. Online, the jacket sold out in mere hours.Advertisement
Levi's also partnered with Brooklyn-based perfume house D.S & Durga to recreate the scent of the jacket, which blends pipe tobacco, papyrus manuscripts, and vintage leather.
University of New Hampshire/Gado/Contributor
This version of the jacket is identical to the original, with the exception of the color: black. The garment will be sold in a limited edition set of 500. Those who purchase it will also receive a replica of the auction paddle that was used to bid on the garment originally.Einstein purchased the Levi's Menlo Cossack leather jacket in the mid-1930s and went on to wear it for decades.Levi's made the Moosylvania's list of "Millennials' Top 100 Brands" list for 2019, which resulted from a survey of 1,000 millennial consumers. The clothing company is known for its vintage clothing offerings.Advertisement
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020