Macy's CEO says he wants Biden to push back the vaccine mandate deadline as the retailer scrambles to hire more staff
Macy'sCEO Jeff Gennette said he wants Biden's vaccine mandateto be delayed, per NYT.
- Gennette told The Times that he'd prefer the mandate to kick in around February 2022.
View all Offers
- 34% OFF
CelloNoveltyLarge 2 Door Plastic Cupboard with lock(Wood , Brown)₹ 6709₹ 10095Buy On
- 53% OFF
Ebee Store Multipurpose Table (Matt Finish, Wenge)₹ 1889₹ 4000Buy On
@home By Nilkamal Matt 1 Seater Recliner with Console (Fabric, Brown, Cocoa)₹ 14499₹ 42900Buy On
Amazon Brand - Solimo Comber High Back Mesh Office Chair (Grey & White)₹ 10089₹ 40000Buy On
SAVYA HOME Apex Zoom Ergonomic Home and Revolving Office Chair (Black)₹ 3139₹ 9000Buy On
Macy's CEO Jeff Gennette says he wants President Joe Biden to push back the
Macy's would prefer the government to implement the mandate in the first quarter of 2022, which starts in February for retailers, Gennette said in an interview with The Times.
Gennette told the outlet that he supported Biden's order but "would just love to have it on a timetable that works for us." He added: "We need more time."
"We have a lot of stores that have a lot of openings," Gennette also told The Times. "Any ruling that we have to mandate those colleagues be vaccinated prior to Christmas is just going to exacerbate our labor shortage going into a really critical period for us."
Macy's has called on its corporate staff to volunteer for shift work in stores over the holidays as the labor shortage bites. It also said it would raise the minimum wage of its US employees — more than 100,000 workers — to $15 an hour by May.
Macy's has only asked its corporate staff to get vaccinated against COVID-19 or test negative before entering its offices, Gennette told The Times.
Macy's wants to employ 76,000 full- and part-time workers this season, Gennette told The Times. He added that the company started offering referral bonuses worth up to $500 to employees who managed to recruit a friend or family member.
- pi Ventures plans to invest in 25 young startups with its latest $75 million fund
- Best deals on hair straighteners, trimmers and other grooming products on Amazon
- Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022 — Best deals and offers on Echo smart speakers, Fire TV Sticks and more
- Two IndiGo planes avert mid-air collision over Bengaluru airport, DGCA to take strict action
- India's tennis star Sania Mirza announces retirement from the sport by the end of 2022 season
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022