McDonald's quietly sells cakes at some locations as shown by a viral TikTok, but it's 'the exception not the rule'
- A viral
TikTokclaims that McDonald'ssells sheet cakes for under $10.
- While it's true some locations do have cakes, only a small number sell them to customers.
- The cakes come in vanilla and chocolate and are used for birthday parties.
After a viral TikTok in February claimed that McDonald's secretly sold cakes, customers were desperate to know if the off-menu item was real or a hoax. The fast-food chain does sell sheet cakes at some locations, but it's up to local management to decide to offer them, the company told Insider.
McDonald's confirmed to Insider in an email that the company does have off-menu sheet cakes, which come in chocolate and vanilla, but they're not guaranteed to be available at your nearest location.
Franchise owners or managers can choose to order cakes from local distributors, where they might be used for birthdays, employee celebrations, or graduations. While they aren't on the official menu, some restaurants can decide to sell the cakes to customers, though this is "the exception not the rule," the company says.
With more than 13,000 locations in the US alone and more than 90% owned by franchisees, experiences and policies can vary by restaurant. While there are corporate, company-wide policies, some decisions on extras like cakes or certain Happy Meal toys can differ, like the way some McDonald's are selling Pokemon toys to customers, while others are only giving them out with Happy Meals.
Do you have a story to share about a
- Best gaming mouse for battle royale games in India
- Best tablets for professional use in India
- Ethereum may offer the best returns, but investors have been pulling away over the last two weeks
- Google starts starts testing new safety section for apps, feature to go live in February 2022
- Horlicks and Boost maker HUL sees slowdown in food segment in the last three months
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons