McDonald's quietly sells cakes at some locations as shown by a viral TikTok, but it's 'the exception not the rule'
- A viral
TikTokclaims that McDonald'ssells sheet cakes for under $10.
- While it's true some locations do have cakes, only a small number sell them to customers.
- The cakes come in vanilla and chocolate and are used for birthday parties.
After a viral TikTok in February claimed that McDonald's secretly sold cakes, customers were desperate to know if the off-menu item was real or a hoax. The fast-food chain does sell sheet cakes at some locations, but it's up to local management to decide to offer them, the company told Insider.
McDonald's confirmed to Insider in an email that the company does have off-menu sheet cakes, which come in chocolate and vanilla, but they're not guaranteed to be available at your nearest location.
Franchise owners or managers can choose to order cakes from local distributors, where they might be used for birthdays, employee celebrations, or graduations. While they aren't on the official menu, some restaurants can decide to sell the cakes to customers, though this is "the exception not the rule," the company says.
With more than 13,000 locations in the US alone and more than 90% owned by franchisees, experiences and policies can vary by restaurant. While there are corporate, company-wide policies, some decisions on extras like cakes or certain Happy Meal toys can differ, like the way some McDonald's are selling Pokemon toys to customers, while others are only giving them out with Happy Meals.
Do you have a story to share about a
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Threats to Mukesh Ambani's family: one held from Bihar
- UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman objects to increasing visas for Indians
- Upcoming electric cars in India in 2022 - check the expected price and range here
- More than half of Bitcoin volume on crypto exchanges fake: Report
- 12,000 Facebook employees, 15% of its workforce, may lose jobs amid 'quiet layoffs': Report
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World