Men's Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank parent is closing about 500 stores and laying off 20% of its workers
Tailored Brandsis closing as many as 500 stores and making cuts to its headcount as it weathers the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The company, which operates
Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Moores Clothing for Men, and K&G, said it expected to lay off roughly 20% of its workforce by the end of the second quarter.
- CFO Jack Calandra is also departing.
Tailored Brands, parent company of Men's Wearhouse, Jos. A. Bank, Moores Clothing for Men, and K&G, said Tuesday it plans to permanently shutter about 500 stores.
It also said it expects to lay off roughly 20% of its workforce by the end of its second fiscal quarter.
In a statement, president and CEO Dinesh Lathi said it made these decisions as it weathers the effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
"We have safely reopened almost all of our
"It is always difficult to eliminate jobs and say farewell to our friends and colleagues. I want to thank our teammates affected by these changes as well as those who continue to help us meet the challenges currently facing our industry and who remain dedicated to serving our customers. While today's announcement is a difficult one, we are confident these are the right next steps to protect our business and position us to more effectively compete in today's environment."
The company did not disclose which stores would shutter and said the closures would occur "over time."
Tailored Brands also announced that CFO Jack Calandra would be departing the company. His duties will be split between Lathi and Holly Etlin, who has also been named Chief Restructuring Officer.
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons