Mukesh Ambani’s plan for Reliance Retail’s $5.7 billion fund raise – Here’s what we know so far
- The retail arm of
Relianceis set to raise $5.74 billion at a pre-money valuation of $57.4 billion.
- And the first to bring money on the deck is
- The private equity firm which invested $1.3 billion for a 2% stake in Jio, is now back in talks with Ambani for a $1 billion investment in the retail arm.
AdvertisementAfter raising over $20 billion for Jio platforms,
And the first to bring money on the deck is Silver Lake. The private equity firm, which invested $1.3 billion (₹10,202.55 crore) for a 2% stake in Jio, is now back in talks with Ambani for a $1 billion investment, added the source.
Reliance has not responded to Business Insider’s queries yet.
Ambani in his speech during Reliance’s Annual General Meet had mentioned that talks are on with potential investors for investments in retail. And according to the source, only existing Jio investors are going to come on board as Reliance Retail investors to “further deepen the relationship”.
Reliance Retail had recently acquired Kishore Biyani’s Future Retail for ₹25,000 crore ($3.4 billion). Reliance Retail will now own all of the Future Enterprises’ stores by way of a ‘slump sale’ – Big Bazaar, fbb, Foodhall, Easyday, Nilgiris, Central, and Brand Factory. The deal will also see Reliance take over Future’s logistics and warehouse.
And Ambani’s plans to bring investors on board is also to fuel the expansion plans he has for the retail venture. Late last year, Ambani’s e-commerce venture JioMart had begun operations, and during the lockdown, it scaled its presence to 200 cities and at its peak, clocked 400,000 orders in a day.
According to a Goldman Sachs report, Ambani’s e-commerce bet JioMart is poised to sell half of all online grocery in India, which is expected to see 5 million orders every day by 2024.
Vodafone Idea may need up to ₹18,800 crore in next two years and tariff hikes to survive, says a new report
Ambani vs Damani — India’s $635 billion retail ring will see the country’s two richest men battle with different strategies
Popular on BI
- Ready to introduce same-day settlement of trades by March 2024: Sebi chief
- Grok AI chatbot to reach all English-language users in about a week: Musk
- What are the two climate declarations India has been hesitant to sign at COP28?
- This 400-million-year-old fossil is the oldest disease-causing fungus we've ever seen!
- 10 Best places to visit in India for New Year 2024