New Jersey toddler orders nearly $2,000 worth of furniture from Walmart with mom's phone in online shopping spree
toddlerspent almost $2,000 on furniturewhen he was playing on his mom's phone, per CNN.
- The mom told CNN she put some chairs in her
Walmartshopping cart but hadn't bought them yet.
A toddler from New Jersey spent nearly $2,000 on furniture from Walmart after playing on his mom's phone.
Pramod Kumar and his wife, Madhu, told CNN they were confused when they started receiving large boxes at their front door.
"My wife was thinking I did it, but I was thinking she did it," Pramod told CNN.
Madhu told CNN she had placed more than a dozen chairs in her Walmart cart with the intention to choose a few of them later on.
When her 22-month-old son, Ayaansh, was playing on her phone, he ordered the whole lot totalling $1,786.99, Madhu told CNN.
The parents had no idea about the purchases until boxes containing furniture started arriving at their front door, they told CNN.
Madhu said in the interview that the customer service helper found the situation funny and Walmart is willing to help the family to return the unopened boxes.
"We are thinking to keep a few items as a memory," Pramod told CNN.
Ayaansh's parents told CNN that they have taken their debit card off their Walmart account so their son can't accidentally spend any more money.
Walmart didn't immediately respond to Insider's request for comment made outside of US operating hours.
Has this happened to you? Get in touch with this reporter via email kduffy@insider or Twitter DM.
- Elon Musk reportedly told workers at his brain-chip startup to imagine they had bombs strapped to their heads to make them work faster
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now causing trouble for Portugal at the World Cup after his dramatic Manchester United exit
- BHEL among 5 bidders for Rs 58,000 cr deal to manufacture, maintain 200 Vande Bharat trains
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World