Pepperidge Farm's Milano and Chessmen cookies may be tough to find in stores during the holidays due to a shortage
Pepperidge Farmcookies will face a shortage this holiday season, as its parent company has already increased production on other in-demand items and doesn't outsource the cookies to other manufacturers.
- Food shortages have become commonplace in 2020, as panic buying and disruptions in the food chain mean less food to go around.
On a recent earnings call, Campbell's CEO Mark Clouse said the company has already increased production for Goldfish and its popular soup, which have also been in demand since the beginning of the pandemic.
But as the cookie division doesn't outsource making its cookies, it's been harder for Campbell's to boost production.
"This portfolio is unique with proprietary recipes, and therefore we do not outsource production," Campbell said in a statement to Bloomberg News. "We've prioritized increasing supply and are already leveraging capacity opportunities across the network to meet increases in demand and maximize availability."
Food shortages have become more common in 2020.
At the beginning of the pandemic in March, panic buying often led to items flying off shelves soon after they arrived in store.
While that trend has since subsided, increased efforts by suppliers to social distance employees and the closing of processing plants due to infections or out of abundance of caution have also caused shortages as well. Experts say this could be the case for the next year and a half.
Meat, berries, and other fresh produce are at the top of that list.
- Jhulan Goswami’s two decade-long career is ‘monumental’, says BCCI on her retirement
- Chandigarh airport to be named after Bhagat Singh: PM Modi
- RBI set for fourth straight rate hike to quell inflation, say experts
- No peace overtures expected between India and Pakistan
- Space dedicated to food and beverage companies in malls on the rise post pandemic
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Rice and Pulses
- IIT Guwahati
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- Biggest Billionaires
- Sundar Pichai
- Home Loan
- Vinod Shantilal Adani
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Accenture earnings forecast
- India's Richest People
- Best 5G Smartphone
- Rana Kapoor
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World