Popeyes just threw shade at Chick-fil-A on Twitter, and it reveals that the Chicken Sandwich Wars are far from over
Irene Jiang / Business Insider
- Popeyes is resurrecting its Twitter feud with Chick-fil-A.
- The chain tweeted on Thursday, "I'm gonna tell my kids this is the Original Chicken Sandwich" in what appears to be a jab at rival Chick-fil-A.
- Chick-fil-A often describes itself as the home of the original chicken sandwich.
- The two chains have been involved in a battle over which one has the better chicken sandwich since August.
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru, to get more stories like this in your inbox.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Popeyes is starting up with Chick-fil-A on Twitter again.
The fast-food chain tweeted on Thursday, "I'm gonna tell my kids this is the Original Chicken Sandwich" and attached a photo of its wildly popular menu item.
The tweet was likely a jab at Popeyes' rival, Chick-fil-A, which often describes itself as the home of the original chicken sandwich.
Tensions between the two chains have been high since August, when Popeyes added a chicken sandwich to its menu, challenging the dominance of Chick-fil-A in the category. A spat between the two fast-food chains on Twitter led to Popeyes' new menu item going viral, and it sold out nationally after two weeks. The sandwich was relaunched on November 3.
The feud between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A has colloquially become known as the Chicken Sandwich Wars of 2019.
I'm gonna tell my kids this is the Original Chicken Sandwich. pic.twitter.com/xSiz7C4xmQ- Popeyes Chicken (@PopeyesChicken) November 21, 2019