Red Lobster is adding a Mountain Dew margarita to the menu and people are freaking out
- Red Lobster is adding a Mountain Dew margarita — called the DEW Garita — to the menu.
- The DEW Garita is rolling out in select restaurants in September and will hit menus across the US by the end of the year.
- People were both shocked and intrigued by the electric green margarita.
Red Lobster is adding a Mountain Dew margarita to the menu, sparking disgust and awe online.
The DEW Garita will roll out at select Red Lobster restaurants in September, and will hit menus across the US by the end of 2020, Red Lobster announced on Tuesday. According to a press release, the "DEW Garita pairs perfectly with Red Lobster's iconic Cheddar Bay Biscuits."The beverage, which is the first ever official Mountain Dew cocktail, inspired mixed reactions. Advertisement
Some were disgusted by the drink.
—Craft Beer 40 (@BrewStuds) September 15, 2020
—chloe (@chloe_antoniaa) September 15, 2020
—Grace Panetta (@grace_panetta) September 15, 2020
—Josh Barro (@jbarro) September 15, 2020
But, some people were excited to give the DEW Garita a chance.
—Brooks Wheelan (@brookswheelan) September 15, 2020
—karen han (@karenyhan) September 15, 2020
—“postboy” roddy ⑤ Ⓖ (@rodney_berry) September 15, 2020Some felt the DEW Garita only inspired more questions — namely, if the rim was coated with crushed Doritos.
—amy b (@arb) September 15, 2020
—Bob Bryan (@RobertBryan4) September 15, 2020
The DEW Garita's debut is part of a wider partnership between Mountain Dew's parent company PepsiCo and Red Lobster. The brands are working together to co-create more "tasty menu items," using Frito-Lay and Quaker products, the companies said in a press release."Red Lobster is thrilled to work with PepsiCo, not only because it has a great portfolio of brands, but specifically because of the food and beverage innovation possibilities," Nelson Griffin, Red Lobster's senior vice president and chief supply chain officer, said in a statement. "The DEW Garita is the first delicious taste of the types of inspired menu items to come."
- Odisha man arrested for manufacturing fake Covid-19 vaccine
- J&J Covid vaccine produces strong immune response in early trials
- PM Modi calls for a bigger role for India at the UN, says reform is the need of the hour
- China says WHO gave support for Covid vaccine emergency use
- WHO warns death toll may hit 2mn even with vaccine