Rihanna's $1 billion Savage X Fenty lingerie brand plans to open physical stores in the US in 2022, putting it head-to-head with the rebranded Victoria's Secret
Savage X Fentyis opening storesin the US in 2022.
- The brand has made been praised for its attention to size, race, and gender inclusivity.
- The stores would put it in more direct competition with
Victoria's Secret, which is in the midst of a major rebrand.
In an interview with Bloomberg, the brand's chief marketing and design officer, Christiane Pendarvis, said that you'll "absolutely see some stores in 2022" in the US, without specifying where. The brand would also consider stores in Europe in the future, she said.
The company has tested pop-up stores, but it largely operates online - which cuts out some potential customers who want to try underwear before they buy, Pendarvis said.
"Fit and comfort are so important," Pendarvis said, adding that there are "customers who don't feel comfortable purchasing online."
Savage X Fenty has made waves in the industry with its body-positive campaigns and runways shows featuring plus-size and pregnant women. It has been praised for its attention to size, race, and gender inclusivity, and stocks sizes up to a 4XL.
A lack of inclusivity, in both marketing and product, is something
Savage X Fenty's push into brick and mortar puts it in direct competition with Victoria's Secret on the ground. Victoria's Secret has 871 stores across the US and Canada.
- HCL Tech, Tata Motors and Nazara Technologies are the top stocks to watch out for on December 9
- An Indian media veteran is building a social media just for women after his wife got trolled on Whatsapp
- Not received Tega Industries’ IPO refund? Here are the things you should take a note of
- MapmyIndia’s IPO opens today — GMP at ₹784
- Anand Rathi Wealth IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status