Some Costco employees say they get a special cake after working with the company for 25 years that normal customers can't order
Shoshy Ciment/Business Insider
- Costco employs more than 245,000 workers and offers benefits to its employees like medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as the chance for a 401K matching plan and free membership for employees and their families.
- Some employees say workers who hit their 25th year working at Costco get a special benefit - a sheet cake with the Costco logo on it.
- Seven Costco employees in stores across California, New Jersey, Minnesota, Ontario, and Ohio mentioned that they had heard of the special cake in varying forms for an employee who hits 25 years with the company.
- Some employees mentioned that the perk depends on the warehouse and the manager.
- Costco declined to comment for this story.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
Costco offers a bevy of perks and benefits to its more than 245,000 workers.In addition to medical, dental, and vision coverage, Costco offers the chance for a 401K matching plan and free membership for employees and their families. One cashier assistant in a California Costco told Business Insider that one of his favorite benefits is that employees get paid overtime for every hour they work on a Sunday.Advertisement
Read more: 'Costco relaxes my soul': 6 die-hard Costco fanatics explain why they love the warehouse store so much
In addition to some of the more standard benefits, Costco offers its employees a special treat when they hit a quarter of a decade with the company.
Employees who hit 25 years at Costco can get a sheet cake with the Costco logo on it.
However, some Costco fanatics have been able to get their hands on it.Advertisement
To convince Costco to make the cake, Reck said that Ellinger had a Costco tattoo — which was a lie at the time.
Though not a Costco employee, Ellinger managed to get the Costco cake of his dreams.Advertisement
- WB reports highest single-day spike of nearly 1,000 COVID-19 cases
- IIT-KGP extending additional Rs 3,000 to emergency workers on campus
- Pune district adds record 1,618 COVID-19 cases; 25 more die
- 78 new COVID-19 cases in Jharkhand, tally rises to 3,134
- COVID-19 tally in Nashik goes beyond 6,000 with 336 new cases