Starbucks is testing its first fully vegan breakfast sandwiches at one store near Seattle
Starbucksis testing a veganbreakfast sandwich at one store near Seattle, and there is no word if it will be rolling out the product at other locations.
- Earlier this year, the chain added vegan beverages to its menu as part of an initiative to have more inclusive offerings.
- In 2018, Starbucks rolled out a vegan version of its iconic Pumpkin Spice Latte in Europe – but hasn't said whether this version will hit ever stores in the US.
Starbucks is now selling a vegan Impossible Foods sandwich at one store in Washington.
This marks the
The chain already has a breakfast sandwich with the Impossible Sausage, but the item isn't vegan because it includes dairy, with egg and cheese. In July, Starbucks Singapore launched a limited edition egg and vegetable pie that contained the Impossible Burger.The Issaquah branch is also testing other vegan items, including Plant Powered Potato Bake bites, chickpea bites, and vegan cashew milk cream cheese, according to VegNews. The sandwich is retailing at $5.45, and the Potato Bake bites
"Testing is a way of life at Starbucks and we are always looking for new ways to bring a variety of
When asked why Starbucks hasn't rolled out the vegan Pumpkin Spiced Latte in the US, and whether it will in the future, a spokesperson told Business Insider: "We are proud to offer the latte as a vegan-friendly beverage exclusively to customers in the UK and other select European countries. As a global company, we have many products that are unique to our various markets in which we operate."
Other coffee chains have also begun to include meat alternatives in their menu. In 2019,
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February