The 17 scariest crimes to ever hit the world of fast food
Nancy Stone/Chicago Tribune/Tribune News Service via Getty Images
- Fast food has an issue with everyday violence.
- Fast-food restaurants have also been the site of a number of high-profile homicides over the decades.
- In these cases, either fast-food employees or customers were targeted in a violent crime.
- The details of these crimes are highly disturbing.
- Sign up for Business Insider's retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Fast food has a dark side.
It's no secret that the industry has a problem with everyday violence. In November, McDonald's workers in Chicago filed a lawsuit against the fast-food giant, alleging that it failed to protect its employees from "a daily risk of violence while at work."
And that undercurrent of chaos and brutality has flared up over the years, resulting in a number of truly frightening and violent acts perpetuated against fast-food employees and customers. Not all of these crimes have been solved, but all of the incidents described are disturbing.
Here's a look at a number of terrifying cases involving fast-food restaurants: