The US is running low on aluminum cans, and analysts warn you might see your favorite beers go out of stock
- Supplies of aluminum
beer cansare reportedly running low.
- One reason for that is that more
beeris being consumed at home than in bars, restaurants, and brewery taprooms.
- Evercore analysts warned that consumers might see their favorite beers go out of stock as companies shift production.
The US is running low on aluminum cans, Brewbound recently reported.
The tight supply is likely due to a combination of trends that have been bubbling up in the past few months.
For one, thanks to coronavirus-related precautions, beer that usually would have been consumed on-premise at bars, restaurants, and breweries is now being packaged to be drunk at home.
And second, canned hard seltzers and wines are having a major moment, with drinks like Mark Anthony Brands' White Claw and Boston Beer Company's Truly Hard Seltzer leading the charge.
"Prior to COVID, 2020 was already poised for notable can growth across a variety of categories," Scott McCarty, strategic communications director at Ball, the largest can manufacturer in the US, told Brewbound.
"For instance, hard seltzers have experienced explosive growth as a category and specifically in cans. Soft drinks and the still and sparkling water categories have seen it, too, with marketers shifting their packaging mix toward
CNN Business reported that can shortages have led beer producers including Molson Coors, Brooklyn Brewery, and Karl Strauss to decrease production of certain brands and instead focus on their best-selling brews.
And, Evercore analysts are warning that consumers might start to see some of their favorite beers go out of stock.
"From what we can piece together, everyone is now having issues meeting demand, and there is fear of lost business to wine and spirits," analysts Robert Ottenstein and Eric Serotta wrote in a research note published last week, warning about "rampant and unprecedented," out-of-stocks, according to CNN.
- Best sofa set under ₹15000
- Best washing machine under ₹15000
- Only half of Indian listed companies set net carbon emissions commitments: WTW
- Indian beauty brand RENÉE Cosmetics raises $25 million in Series B funding led by Evolvence India, Edelweiss Group
- Sensex, Nifty50 end lower as caution looms ahead of RBI’s rate hike decision
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World