Walmart will cover abortion care for 1.6 million employees
- Walmart will now cover abortion care for its 1.6 million employees.
- Leaked memo says retailer will cover abortion costs when the mother's health is at risk and cover travel costs in other cases.
Walmart is expanding its healthcare coverage to include abortion care for its 1.6 million workers.
Insider reviewed a leaked memo from the chain's chief people officer, Donna Morris, that read, "Effective immediately, the Walmart self-insured healthcare plans will cover abortion when there is a health risk to the mother, rape or incest, ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage or lack of fetal viability."
The company will also "provide travel support for our associates and their covered dependents so they can access services covered by our Walmart self-insured plan when they are not available within 100 miles of their location."
The memo said that "more information regarding these benefits" will be released in "the coming weeks." Experts say that Walmart, along with other top employers, will face recruitment and retention struggles in red states due to the repeal of Roe v. Wade.
- A 'hole' 30 times Earth's size has spread across the sun, blasting solar winds that'll hit our planet by end of this week
- Durjoy Datta tweets about Paytm UPI LITE making payments faster and easier, fellow author Ravinder Singh responds
- A former Twitter engineer said they watched colleagues 'drop like flies' from a virtual meeting during Elon Musk's mass layoffs
- Best water purifiers to buy in India 2023
- Desk-bombing, monk mode & other emerging trends at the workplace
- Crypto exchange Binance temporarily suspends all spot trading
- Samsung unveils Galaxy F14 5G with 6000 mAh battery in India
- Haircut on cases resolved through IBC not very encouraging, says Kotak report