RIL is handing out up to 10% hikes and 100% bonuses to its employees
AdvertisementIn the appraisal season, 20,000 junior and middle-level employees of Reliance Industries have received 8 to 10% increments and 100% bonuses, as senior managers wait for their increments and variable pays, to be received this week.
Reporting a net profit of Rs 27,630 crore in the quarter that ended this March, it was the highest profit for the company in the past eight years. The junior and middle managers have been paid 100% of variable pay or annual cash bonus (ACB).
This figure is also the highest that they have been given, as per ET sources. Last year, while the increment was a bit less, the variable pay was around 85%.
In this oil-to-retail conglomerate, employees are ranked alphabetically as per their performances, while the top rung comes under the A category, the B category has employees one level lower and so on. The employees who have performed exceptionally well in the past year have even received more than 100% of their ACB.
Popular on BI
- Corbevax price slashed to ₹250 per dose inclusive of GST
- IT professionals with 5-10 year experience are the best paid people in India
- Best toy bikes to keep your kids engaged
- New Range Rover Sport revealed in India— check features, specifications and more here
- Three new IPOs opening this week — Paradeep Phosphates, Ethos, eMudhra while LIC to list on exchanges tomorrow