RIL To Spend Rs 4,000 Crore To Acquire Network18
AdvertisementIn one of the biggest deals in the media sector,
“The RIL board today (May 29) approved funding of up to Rs 4,000 crore to Independent Media Trust (IMT), of which RIL is the sole beneficiary, for acquisition of control in Network 18 Media & Investments (NW18), including its subsidiary TV18 Broadcast (TV18),” the company said in a statement.
"IMT would use the funds to acquire control over NW18 and TV18, resulting in ownership of about 78% in NW18 and 9% in TV18, and to acquire shares tendered in the open offers," it added.
NW18 owns a suite of premier digital Internet properties, e-commerce businesses and differentiated broadcast content.
This suite includes In.com, IBNLive.com, Moneycontrol.com, Firstpost.com, Cricketnext.in, Homeshop18.com and Bookmyshow.com. The broadcast channels include Colors, CNN-IBN, CNBC-TV18, IBN7 and
"This acquisition will differentiate Reliance's 4G business by providing a unique amalgamation at the intersect of telecom, Web and digital commerce via a suite of premier digital properties," RIL said.
Popular on BI
- eMudhra IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- Heatwave is gone and heavy rainfall, hailstorms in the next 5 days — IMD issues alert
- Retail inflation could soften by 50-60 basis points on government interventions: CARE
- Tata Steel, JSW, SAIL and JSPL will lose half of their export biz as government wages war on inflation
- Sony has announced that half of its game releases will be on PC and mobile by 2025
- Delhivery IPO allotment
- Reliance Retail
- Bitcoin Mining
- Reliance JIO
- Best Deal on Smartphones
- Unacademy offline Classes
- Hubble Space
- 5G Phones Under Rs. 20000
- Paytm Market Value
- Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Electric Cars
- Hiring in BEL
- Adani Green
- Paradeep Phosphates balance sheet
- Spam Calls in India
- Whatsapp Reaction