Robinhood users have been scooping up Tesla's plunging stock
Robyn Beck/AFP/Getty Images
- Robinhood users have been adding Tesla to their holdins despite an extremely difficult time for the electric-car maker, according to data from the Robinhood trading app.
- The number of accounts holding Tesla shares on the app increased even as analysts and shareholders have been questioning demand prospects for the company's electric vehicles.
- Watch Tesla trade live.
The Robinhood trading app, an app popular among younger investors, reported an increase in the numnber of users holding Tesla shares despite the stock's plunging price. Accounts holding Tesla increased by 4% over the past week to 156,00 from 150,000. This comes as shares have tanked almost 20% in May alone.Tesla is the 10th most-popular stock on the platform, behind the cannabis companies Aurora Cannabis and Cronos as well as tech companies like Apple and Microsoft.Advertisement
Tesla's plunging stock price comes as analysts and shareholders have increasingly questioned the demand prospects for the company's electric vehicles. Last month reported a significant first-quarter loss and also lowered guidance for the year.sold more than 90% of its stake, potentially signaling a loss of faith in the company's prospects.
And CEO Elon Musk has been criticized as doing little to stem the negative news, and for also contributing to questions about the company's future.Tesla is down 42% year to date.Advertisement
Get the latest Tesla stock price here.
- Bio-secure bubbles – Here's how IPL players will be staying safe during the pandemic
- INTERVIEW: Chennai-based CAMS’ 30-year journey to an IPO
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store