Robots aren't just taking our jobs, they're creating them - here are 21 weird jobs humans will have in the future
However, all is not lost, the group also predicts that there will 21 million new jobs created as a direct result of new technologies. To head off some of the fear and help prepare for the future, the organization came up with 21 jobs they think will materialize over the coming years.
"We wanted to try to raise the flag, there is something big and profound going on," said Ben Pring, vice-president and director of Cognizant's Center for Future of Work. "If you are paying attention, there's enough time to deal with this now," he added.
Written as hypothetical job descriptions from human resources departments of the future, some of the gigs in the report require a lot of imagination, but others only require a small jump from our current reality.
Check out the job listings of the future and get a head start picking your post-robot career:
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio hikes prices of its plans by 21%
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Meet Parag Agrawal, the IIT Bombay grad who is taking over from Jack Dorsey at Twitter
- Bankrupt Sintex Industries' stock doubles after RIL showed interest to acquire it
- Omicron COVID-19: Kerala orders 7 days quarantine for arrivals from high risk countries
- In India, less than one in every 10,000 jabs have led to serious adverse reactions — not necessarily due to the vaccine
- After taking us on a nostalgia trip by featuring 90s stars like Rahul Dravid and Jackie Shroff in its ads, CRED is back at it again, this time with Chacha Chaudhary and Suppandi